Join the Wilmington Children’s Chorus Team!
APPLICATION DEADLINE: JUNE 8, 2023
The Wilmington Children’s Chorus is the only tuition-free, community children’s chorus in the nation. Our mission is to empower young people to change their world through music and our programs are guided by our values of Access, Excellence, and Diversity & Inclusion. Known throughout the region for their artistry and educational standards, WCC involves over 650 singers, ages 6wks-18yrs, in Performing Choirs, Neighborhood Choirs, the Early Learner’s Music Program, and many summer programs.
Job Description: WCC is seeking an enthusiastic and kind teacher who is dedicated to improving children’s lives. The Program Instructor’s primary responsibilities will be:
- Teaching the Early Learner’s Programs (music, movement, and play-based instruction, ages 6wks-5yrs)
- Leading three Neighborhood Choirs (after-school choirs at community partner sites, ages 5-12)
- Developing a new Preparatory Division for WCC’s Performing Choirs (ages 4-5 and 6-7) & assisting in Youth Choir rehearsals (ages 8-13)
- Serving as an instructor for summer camps (ages 5-13)
Minimum required qualification (at least one of the following):
- Undergraduate degree in music education
- AND/OR 2+ years of teaching experience in early childhood and/or elementary music
The ideal applicant would have a high level of training and practical experience in the following areas:
- Vocal-based music education instruction of children ages 6wks-12yrs (ages vary by program) *
- Creation of goals and instructional objectives, lesson planning, repertoire selection, etc.
- Culturally responsive teaching and social-emotional learning
- Strong vocal skills; playing keyboard and/or guitar is a plus
- Exceptional classroom management and organization skills
- Thinking creatively and working both independently and collaboratively
- Professional communication skills to effectively coordinate with WCC staff, families, and partners
- Spanish language skills are a plus
* WCC recognizes that early childhood music is a specialized skill. If an applicant is highly qualified in all other areas, WCC will offer training/certification in GIML Early Childhood Music Learning Theory.
Position Type: Full Time/Exempt
Salary range: $42,000-$52,000
Benefits: Medical, vision, dental, and 401(k); Unlimited paid time off; supportive environment with mentorship and generous planning periods incorporated into each instructional day.
Candidate must pass relevant background checks.
Click here to review the complete list of job duties and view a sample instructional calendar (subject to change). Questions can be addressed to Kimberly Doucette, Artistic Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org OR 302.252.5065
To apply, please send resumé including references and cover letter (a current video of teaching is highly preferred) to email@example.com