Neighborhood Choir Initiative
WCC has partnered with OperaDelaware to develop the Neighborhood Choir program to form “satellite choirs” in neighborhoods throughout Wilmington.
The collaborative Neighborhood Choir program brings high-quality training to city schools and community centers by offering after-school and weekend enrichment programs.
Our keys to success
- Staff-to-Student Ratio – Rehearsals are led by a team of highly trained directors assisted by interns and volunteers to ensure that the choristers are constantly engaged in the learning process and assisted when they are in need of extra help.
- Tailored immersion into curriculum – Curriculum, repertoire, and rehearsal time are carefully tailored to the needs of each student body.
- Dynamic Partnership with Community Center or School Staff – School/Community Center staff provides support to help the students and families in their commitment and musical studies.
- Participation with the WCC Performing Choirs Program – Neighborhood Choirs will interact with and share performance opportunities with the Performing Choirs, and advanced students may qualify for participation in the Downtown Choir programs.
- Contact us if you are interested in partnering to develop a Neighborhood Choir in your school or community center.